What is the FNJA?
The National Ambassador Youth Forum is a free program involving :
- 30 Grade 10 and Grade 11 bilingual students from across Canada, enrolled in French programs (Core French, Extended French, French Immersion, or Francophone schools)
- 5 days of fun, interactive workshops and activities centered on the significance of bilingualism
- 1 different Canadian city each year
All of this goes into training students to become French for the Future ambassadors!
The ambassadors’ mission is to promote the French language and official bilingualism in their schools throughout the year following the FNJA by organizing activities related to French.
This program is free for participants.
The 2020 edition will take place online from August 9 to 14, 2020.
How to apply?
To submit an application to participate in French for the Future’s 2020 FNJA, students must fill out and have their sponsor fill out the following online forms:
Participant Registration Form
Each participant must fill out a 250 word “Motivation” section in the Participant Registration Form. The participant must answer two questions: Why do you want to become a French for the Future Ambassador? And: Why do you want to participate in the FNJA? It is highly recommended that you write a draft in a separate document, and then copy and paste it into the registration form.
We also ask for a video link as part of the Participant Registration Form. In this video, the participant must:
- present him/herself in French (provide their first name, last name, school, city, province, and language category, i.e. French first language or French second language)
- in French, answer the question : Si tu étais choisi comme ambassadeur, quelle activité pour promouvoir le français voudrais-tu mettre en place dans ton école ou ta communauté?
The video must be hosted on a video platform such as Youtube, Dailymotion or Vimeo, must be no more than 1 minute in length, and must be public as the selected ambassadors will have their video published on French for the Future’s website.
Application Support Form
Each participant must have a sponsor to support his/her application, from his/her own community. The sponsor may not be a parent or guardian. This person will provide support to the future ambassador, and commit him or herself to:
- Provide support to the future ambassador in the organization of activities to promote the French language for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Act as contact person for French for the Future (he or she would be contacted 2 or 3 times throughout the year, to provide feedback on the ambassador’s commitment level).
N.B – Applications for the 2020 FNJA will not be considered complete and will therefore not be accepted unless the Application Support Form is filled out by a sponsor (who may not be a parent or guardian) chosen by the candidate. The Participant Registration Form must be completed by the candidate him or herself.
Ambassadors will be selected by French for the Future’s Selection Committee. If you are selected, you will be notified during the month of May 2020, by e-mail and/or phone. The official list of 2020 ambassadors will be revealed on our website starting in June 2020.
Reminder – Who can apply to be an ambassador?
Applications are open to students Canada-wide who are:
- currently in Grade 10 or 11
- available at the time of the FNJA from August 9 to 14, 2020
- currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- leadership-oriented and who have the desire to make an impact!
Follow French for the Future / Français pour l’avenir on social media to keep up to date with our latest news and updates!