What is the FNJA?
The National Ambassador Youth Forum is a free program involving :
- 30 Grade 10 and Grade 11 bilingual students from across Canada, enrolled in French programs (Core French, Extended French, French Immersion, or Francophone schools)
- 5 days of fun, interactive workshops and activities centered on the significance of bilingualism
- 1 different Canadian city each year
All of this goes into training students to become French for the Future ambassadors!
The ambassadors’ mission is to promote the French language and official bilingualism in their schools throughout the year following the FNJA by organizing activities related to French.
This program is free for participants: all expenses including travel, accommodation, and food are covered by the French for the Future!
The 2020 edition will take place in Regina, SK, from August 9 to 14, 2020.
How to register :
Registration for the FNJA 2020 will open on April 2nd, 2020.
Follow French for the Future / Français pour l’avenir on social media to keep up to date with our latest news and updates!
We thank La Cité universitaire francophone of the University of Regina for receiving us!
Reminder – Who can apply to be an ambassador?
Applications are open to students Canada-wide who are:
- currently in Grade 10 or 11
- available at the time of the FNJA from August 9 to 14, 2020
- currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- leadership-oriented and who have the desire to make an impact!