This contest is currently closed. The 2021-2022 edition will be online in October.
What is the National Essay Contest?
The National Essay Contest, it’s 96 bursaries to be won, for a grand total of $368,000!
Are you in Grade 10, 11 or 12 (secondaire IV, secondaire V or Cégep 1 in Quebec) and registered in a French program?
Do you need a little boost to continue your education in French after high school?
Take part in the National Essay Contest for the chance to win a scholarship ranging between $1,000 and $20,000 in one of the following post-secondary institutions
How to participate?
The contest is currently closed. The 2021-2022 edition will be online in October.
At the time of entry each entrant must indicate on their entry form into which of the two categories below he or she best fits:
Category 1: French Second Language (“FSL”): students whose first language is not French or students who are currently enrolled in Core French, Extended Core French, Basic French, French Immersion, or any other version or type of FSL program, available in their province or territory of residence, and who do not match any of the French First Language criteria.
Category 2: French First Language (“FFL”): students who satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
– whose first language is French;
– who speak, write and comprehend French with native fluency;
– who regularly speak French at home with one or both parents.
– who attend or have attended a French First Language school for more than 3 years within the past 6 years.
- Essays will be marked by a panel of French teachers and our sponsoring organization, using the Evaluation Grid.
- Winners will be announced at the beginning of March following the Contest.
If you teach French in Canada and you would like to be a part of our panel of judges for 2020-2021, please reach out to us by filling out this form.