How to Apply?
Applications for the 2017 National Ambassador Youth Forum are now closed.
To submit an application to participate in French for the Future’s 2017 NAYF, students must fill out and have their sponsor fill out the following online forms:
Participant Registration Form
New! The cover letter has been replaced by a 250 word “Motivation” section in the Participant Registration Form. The participant must answer two questions: Why do you want to become a French for the Future Ambassador? And: Why do you want to participate in the NAYF? It is highly recommended that you write a draft in a separate document, and then copy and paste it into the registration form.
We also ask for a video link as part of the Participant Registration Form. In this video, the participant must:
- present him/herself in French (provide their first name, last name, school, city, province, and language category, i.e. French first language or French second language)
- in French, answer the question : Comment vas-tu fêter le 150e anniversaire du Canada ?
The video must be hosted on a video platform such as Youtube, Dailymotion or Vimeo and must be no more than 1 minute in length.
Application Support Form
New! Each participant must have a sponsor to support his/her application, from his/her own community. The sponsor may not be a parent or guardian. This person will provide support to the future ambassador, and commit him or herself to:
- Provide support to the future ambassador in the organization of activities to promote the French language for the 2017-2018 school year.
- act as contact person for French for the Future (he or she would be contacted 2 or 3 times throughout the year, to provide feedback on the ambassador’s commitment level).
N.B – Applications for the 2017 NAYF will not be considered complete and will therefore not be accepted unless the Application Support Form is filled out by a sponsor (who may not be a parent or guardian) chosen by the candidate. The Participant Registration Form must be completed by the candidate him or herself.
Ambassadors will be selected by French for the Future’s Selection Committee. If your are selected, you will be notified during the month of May 2017, by e-mail and/or phone. The official list of 2017 ambassadors will be revealed on our website starting in June 2017.
Reminder – Who can apply to be an ambassador?
Applications are open to students Canada-wide who are:
- currently in Grade 10 or 11
- available at the time of the NAYF from August 21st to 25th
- currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- leadership-oriented and who have the desire to make an impact!