NATIONAL AMBASSADOR YOUTH FORUM
The National Ambassador Youth Forum (FNJA) is an annual free program involving :
- 33 Grade 10 and Grade 11 bilingual students (secondaire 3 or 4 in Quebec) from across Canada, enrolled in French programs (Core French, Extended French, French Immersion, or Francophone schools),
- 6 days of fun, interactive workshops and activities centered on the significance of bilingualism.
The 2022 edition will take place in Regina, Saskatchewan*, from August 14 to 19, 2022 and will bring together 33 teenagers from across the country. The week will be punctuated by workshops on project management, leadership, but also games and activities of all kinds!
This program is completely free for participants.
*French for the Future respects Transport Canada’s sanitary measures relative to vaccination against Covid-19.
Being a French for the future ambassador
The ambassadors’ mission is to promote the French language and official bilingualism in their schools throughout the year following the FNJA. In order to do so, they organize activities related to French.
Before you start your year as an ambassador, you will attend a free week of training in August, the FNJA. Not only will the Forum prepare you to become an ambassador, but it will also give you the opportunity to build friendships with the other participants!
Why become an ambassador
Being an ambassador is a great opportunity to gain confidence in your French language skills and to gain experience in leadership and project management.
The FNJA also enables you to meet other young francophones and francophiles your age from all over the country! You will interact with them throughout the year.
Who can apply to be an ambassador?
Applications are open to students Canada-wide who are:
- currently in Grade 10 or 11 (secondaire 3 or 4 in Quebec)
- available at the time of the FNJA from August 14 to 19, 2022
- currently enrolled in a French program (Core, Extended, Immersion, French First Language)
- comfortable communicating in French and English with and in front of their peers
- involved in extracurricular activities in French in their school or community
- leadership-oriented and who have the desire to make an impact!
How to apply?
To submit an application to participate in French for the Future’s 2022 FNJA, students must first fill out the participant registration form. Then, they must have their sponsor fill out the application support form:
Participant Registration Form
Each participant must fill out a 250-word “Motivation” section in the Participant Registration Form. The participant must answer two questions:
- Why do you want to become a French for the Future Ambassador?
- Why do you want to participate in the FNJA?
It is highly recommended that you write a draft in a separate document, and then copy and paste it into the registration form.
Moreover, we also ask for a video link as part of the Participant Registration Form. In this video, the participant must:
- present him/herself in French (provide their first name, last name, school, city, province, and language category, i.e. French first language or French second language)
- in French, answer the question : Si tu étais choisi comme ambassadeur, quelle activité pour promouvoir le français voudrais-tu mettre en place dans ton école ou ta communauté?
You must host the video on a video platform such as Youtube, Dailymotion, or Vimeo. It must not be more than 1 minute in length and must be public as the selected ambassadors will have their video published on French for the Future’s website.
Application Support Form
Each participant must have a sponsor to support his/her application, from his/her own community. The sponsor may not be a parent or guardian. This person will provide support to the future ambassador, and commit him or herself to:
- Provide support to the future ambassador in the organization of activities to promote the French language for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Act as a contact person for French for the Future. We would contact him or her 2 or 3 times throughout the year, to provide feedback on the ambassador’s commitment level.
N.B – Applications for the 2022 FNJA will not be considered complete and will therefore not be accepted unless the Application Support Form is filled out by a sponsor (who may not be a parent or guardian) chosen by the candidate. The Participant Registration Form must be completed by the candidate him or herself.
Ambassadors will be selected by French for the Future’s Selection Committee.
If you are selected, you will be notified during the month of May 2022 by e-mail and/or phone. The official list of 2022 ambassadors will be revealed on our website starting in June 2022.