Code of Conduct
Every participant of Une page à la fois must follow the following code of conduct.
- Expected Behavior
- Participate in an authentic and active way.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert book club leader if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Unacceptable Behavior
- Intimidating behavior, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any book club member are unacceptable behaviors.
- Harassment includes: harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and sexual images is forbidden. Deliberate intimidation, harassing photography and sustained disruption of talks or other events are unacceptable.
- Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
- Unacceptable behavior from any book club member will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a book club member engages in inappropriate behavior after being asked to stop, they will be temporary banned or permanently expelled from the club.
- If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the book club leader as soon as possible.
- Addressing Grievances
- If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify the book club leader with a concise description of your situation. You can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.