French for the Future is looking for a
BILINGUAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENT
French for the Future (FFTF) is a national not-for-profit organization, which encourages and promotes linguistic duality in Canada. FFTF strives to highlight the positive social and career benefits of bilingualism by forging linguistic and cultural links among secondary-school students who are enrolled in French First and Second Language courses. FFTF celebrates local Francophone and Francophile communities and emphasizes the positive career potential resulting from French language education in Canada.
The Bilingual Communications Agent will provide the overall direction and coordination necessary for the effective communication and marketing of FFTF programs and events. Candidates must be committed to FFTF’s mandate and vision, and to the principle of Canadian linguistic duality.
FFTF is seeking for an individual with a diverse skill set. The applicant must be able to create effective promotional content in both French and English. He/she is a creative decision-maker with ability to communicate and work effectively with students, businesses, media, partners, community leaders and government officials. Experience in Public Relations, marketing, fundraising, website content maintenance and editing, as well as project management, would all be desired assets. The selected candidate will be a team player expected to “take the ball and run with it” and “go the extra mile” on a daily basis.
The fluently Bilingual Communications Agent must have a passion for the promotion of Francophone cultural appreciation activities for FSL learners. The candidate is a self-starter who possesses significant multitasking flexibility in contributing expertise in several areas under minimal supervision.
Minimum two years in communications/public relations/marketing positions with experience in the not-for-profit sector.
University degree or post-graduate college certificate/diploma in a relevant field (communications, marketing, journalism).
- Promotional content development, distribution and management for FFTF website, social media and other communications tools.
- Communication, public relations and media relations coordination
- Project management
- Provide communications and public relations assistance in FFTF resource diversification activities
- Marketing consultation (Branding, positioning, promotional product continuity)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- A consensus builder and adept public speaker
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills
Proven Ability to:
- Manage competing priorities
- Work effectively with a diverse array of full-time, part- time and contractual staff
- Analyze information quickly
- Create and manage website content
- Produce reports and a variety of promotional material
- Recognize networking and partnership opportunities
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Detail-oriented, yet flexible
- A skilled facilitator and animator
- Understanding of School Board, School communications networks as well as the Canadian NPO/charity sector considered definite assets
- Technologically savvy
- Required (Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress)
- Definite Asset: (Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Web based applications)
Terms of Employment
- 35 hours/week in Toronto
- Contract from December 19th, 2017 to July 15th, 2018 (with the possibility of an extension)
HOW TO APPLY:
By November 15, 2017, send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter in French and in English at: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Ms. Gabrielle F. Fortin, Executive Director. Please indicate ” Bilingual Communications Agent ” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Applicants must be able to work legally in Canada*. French for the Future is committed to employement equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.