French for the Future is a not-for-profit organization that supports and motivates high school students on their path towards bilingualism. French for the Future promotes Canada’s official bilingualism and the immediate and lifelong benefits of learning and communicating in French to students from grades 7 to 12 across Canada. French for the Future envisions a Canada in which all young people value our French heritage, appreciate francophone cultures and endeavor to excel in the French language.
We are seeking an independent, detail oriented and organized Bookkeeper.
- General bookkeeping duties including accounts payable / receivables, creating journal entries and supporting documentation
- reconcile credit card, bank accounts, and direct payment bills every month
- prepare cash flows and quarterly reports
- Planning and preparation related to the annual audit
- Preparation of financial reports for both provincial and federal funding grants
- All functions of AR/A
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Comfortable working independently
- High level of personal and professional integrity. Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal and provincial legislation affecting charities and non-profit organizations.
- Previous experience in working through and preparing for an audit
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
Terms of employment
- Imdependent Contractor
- 15-20 hours per month
- Work remotely from home with a flexible schedule
- Must visit the National office (Ottawa) at least twice per month.
How to apply
Applicants must send their CV and cover letter to Gabrielle F. Fortin, Executive Director, French for the Future at email@example.com.
Please write “Bookkeeper” in the subject field.
Applicants must be able to work legally in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
French for the Future is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.