Group leader for the 2023 National Ambassador Youth Forum (FNJA)
FRENCH FOR THE FUTURE
French for the Future is a national, not-for-profit organization committed to supporting the development of tomorrow’s bilingual leaders by encouraging high school students to study and live in French. Our six programs, all in French, highlight the social and professional benefits of bilingualism and help create linguistic and cultural links between students of all backgrounds taking French as a first or as a second language across Canada.
THE NATIONAL AMBASSADOR YOUTH FORUM (FNJA)
The FNJA is held every year in a different city and brings together 35 bilingual high school students from across Canada for six days jam-packed with activities. At the end of the FNJA, participants become ambassadors for French for the Future and organize activities to promote French and official bilingualism in their communities throughout the following school year.
The 2023 FNJA will be held from August 11 to 18 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
GROUP LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
Before the FNJA:
- Be available to meet with the FNJA Coordinator and other group leaders for preparation purposes;
- Read all communications and documents related to the FNJA; a list of roles and responsibilities will be sent to all group leaders when the program is finalized;
- Take a 2-day training session before the FNJA regarding the event’s goals, program, and schedule (from August 11).
During the FNJA :
- Lead workshops during the FNJA, from August 13 to August 18, in Halifax, Nova Scotia;
- Install a framework of mutual trust to foster mutual respect and friendliness with participants;
- Ensure the moral, physical, and emotional security of all participants.
- A high school diploma, and preferably currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Canada
- Experience working with youth (e.g. summer camps)
- Knowledge of the Canadian Francophonie (required), Francophonie in minority situations and/or international Francophonie (an asset)
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work legally in Canada
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Remuneration: $1,250 honorarium plus travel expenses from the place of residence to Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Full-time contract from August 11 to 18, 2023, with a few meetings before the event
- The contract is signed with French for the Future
HOW TO APPLY
By March 31, 2023, send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter, written in French, by e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Emeline Leurent, Executive Director.
Please indicate “Animateur.trice FNJA 2023” in the subject line.
We encourage all qualified people to apply; French for the Future values diversity in the workplace.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.