French for the Future is looking for a
COMMUNICATIONS AGENT (CANADA SUMMER JOB)
French for the Future is a not-for-profit organization that promotes Canada’s official bilingualism and the immediate and lifelong benefits of learning and communicating in French to students from grades 7 to 12 across Canada. Please visit our website for more information: www.french-future.org.
The Communications Agent reports to the Communications Coordinator and assists with the execution of the overall communications strategy. This entry level role will provide the chosen candidate with experience in a variety of areas but more specifically communications and social media management.
The ideal candidate must be fluently bilingual in both French and English and a team player able to show initiative and commitment on a day-to-day basis.
• Assist the Communications Coordinator with implementation of communications strategies for the organization
• Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of the communication strategy for the Franconnexion Sessions, National Essay Contest, Bilingual Young Leaders and United Bilingual Correspondents
• Ensure the promotion of the seven main programs of the organization
• Update content for the organization online presence (website, social networks)
• Assist with the development and implementation of social media strategies
• Research and create promotional materials in line with the organization’s branding
• Create promotional documentation (flyers, press releases, posters, articles for partners’ news bulletins and journals, etc…)
• Perform clerical duties as required (ie: prepare shipments as needed, maintain inventory of promotional materials)
• Eligibility to Canada’s Summer Job Program (applicant must be between 15 and 30 years old, must be citizen, permanent resident or refugee in Canada and must be able to work legally in Canada. International students are not eligible).
• Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Literature, French Studies, Journalism, Political Science, etc)
• Prior experience in communications and social media a strong asset
• Bilingualism (French/English) required: strong spoken and written skills in both languages
• Technological skills:
Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Required
WordPress – Asset
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to undertake and manage multiple duties and projects
• Possess excellent organizational skills
• Adaptable and able to work within a team
• Motivated, with a track record of taking initiative
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• 16 weeks contract, with possibility of extension
• Part-time (15 hours/week)
• Start date: September 7, 2021
• Office environment, with telework during the pandemic
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must send their CV and cover letter (both in French) by email at email@example.com. Please write “Communications Agent” in the subject field. Deadline to apply is August 22, 2021.
Applicants must be able to work legally in Canada, and must meet the Canada Summer Job eligibility criteria.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
French for the Future is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.