MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS AGENT
French for the Future is looking for a Marketing and Communications Agent to join its team.
French for the Future is a national non-profit organization that promotes Canada’s official bilingualism and the immediate and lifelong benefits of learning and communicating in French to students from grades 7 to 12 across Canada. Based in Ottawa, French for the Future has a network of regional coordinators that extends across the country. The Ottawa National Office has a small, but very efficient team of 8 people. For more information, please consult our website: www.french-future.org/
The Marketing and Communications Agent will work in concert with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, who will be responsible for their supervision. They will work in close collaboration with the Programs Department and the Executive Director. They will participate in the development and implementation of the organization’s communication plan, the promotion strategy for its programs, as well as their evaluation and analysis. They will develop and participate in the implementation of a social media presence strategy, as well as its analysis.
- Participate in the development of all external communications of the organization: newsletters and press releases (MailChimp), letters, etc.
- Write, edit and format documentation relating to the promotion of the organization and its programs, in collaboration with a graphic designer (leaflets, posters, etc.)
- Coordinate with translation services when necessary
- Develop and implement a strategy based on “storytelling” and adapted to our audiences on different platforms
- Participate in the creation of content for social media
- Analyze our presence on social media and make recommendations
- Stay abreast of technological developments to stay on the cutting-edge of the platforms used by our audience
- Encourage the creation of an active and committed online community and encourage interactions
- Strengthen the brand image of French for the Future and its positioning across Canada
- Help manage French for the Future’s online shop: develop new products in line with customers, develop a customer relationship using CiviCRM, analyse sales and make recommendations
- Create promotional material based on the organization’s brand image
- In collaboration with the Programs Department, participate in the development of an email flow to maintain a sustained relationship with our audience
- Implement communication strategies to promote and increase the visibility of French for the Future’s programs
- Participate in the development of all communications and marketing content related to the programs (written, visual, video productions, etc.)
- Participate in the implementation of advertising campaigns, including paid advertising, to increase the visibility of French for the Future’s programs
- Help optimize the SEO and update the French for the Future website, keeping the user experience as a core concern
- In collaboration with the Programs Department, ensure the proper functioning of the blog, by and for the youth of French for the Future
- Represent French for the Future at public events, such as conferences, meetings with partners, etc.
- Be one of the point of contact for the written press, radio, television ; write press releases and conduct interviews when needed
- Maintain relationships and foster collaboration with our partners
- Participate in the production of different reports as needed (annual reports, report on results), in collaboration with a graphic designer
- Perform other administrative duties upon request
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing / communications / public relations. Knowledge of the non-profit sector is an asset.
- University degree, post-secondary or college certificate / diploma in a relevant field (communications, marketing, journalism, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, very good oral and written communication skills in French.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Professional skills on the following platforms: Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite, social media platforms, Adobe InDesign (CiviCRM, Google Analytics, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are an asset).
- Proven ability to adopt an integrated approach to communications on multiple platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Keeping up with the latest digital communications tends, industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrates leadership, professionalism and has a solid work ethic.
- Autonomy, flexibility, solution-oriented and ability to make decisions.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends if necessary (regular trips within Canada, outside the pandemic context)
- Candidates should be able to work legally in Canada.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary according to experience and skills.
- Permanent full-time position, with a probationary period of three months.
- Office environment, with telework during a pandemic
- Health insurance offered by the organization starting at the end of the probationary period
- Starting date: January 4, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your curriculum vitae as well as a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate to join our team at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 7, 2020. Please indicate “Marketing and Communications Agent” in the subject line. We encourage you to attach any document that could support your application (past achievements, letters of recommendation, portfolio).
We thank all the applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. French for the Future respects employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.