Open to students in grades 10 to 12 across Canada (Secondary IV and V, and CEGEP I in Quebec), the Contest has awarded a total of $215,000 in scholarships
, giving its winners the chance to pursue their postsecondary studies partially or completely in French.
The scholarships, valuing between $1,000 to $12,000, are offered in partnership with the following 7 postsecondary institutions:
- the University of Ottawa (ON)
- the Université Sainte-Anne (NS)
- the Université de Moncton (NB)
- The Université Saint-Boniface (MB)
- the University of Alberta's Campus Saint-Jean (AB)
- Laurentian University (ON)
- Glendon College of York University (ON)
How to participate?
Write and submit a 750 word essay in French on a this year's chosen theme.
2012-2013 Contest Theme
What can we do, as citizens, to preserve bilingualism in Canada?
Who can participate?
Students in grades 10 to 12 from across Canada (secondary IV, V, and 1st year CEGEP in Quebec).
Essay Contest Language Categories
Essays were evaluated in two separate categories:
- French Second Language (FSL)- for those students enrolled in FSL programs (Core, Immersion, Extended)
- French First Language (FFL)- for francophone students or those with francophone equivalency
Participation Prize: one iPad!
On top of the many scholarships to be won, French for the Future has awarded for the first time this year a participation prize.
Participating students were entered into a draw to win a 16 GB iPad.
All essays had to be submitted by December 21, 2012 at 23:59:59 Eastern Time.